Visa Secure is a global solution designed to make eCommerce transactions more secure. It helps ensure that payments are made by the rightful owner of the Visa account, building consumer confidence in online shopping. As a result, implementing Visa Secure can help improve profitability through increased sales and reduced operational costs.
How it works
Adding an extra layer of security to purchases.
Visa Secure relies on the Three-Domain Secure (3-D Secure) Protocol, which serves as the mechanism for cardholder authentication at the time of an eCommerce purchase. For merchants Visa Secure provides an additional level of security prior to authorization and for cardholders it creates the trust they seek when shopping online.
Greater transaction protection for both merchants and consumers
Visa Secure can provide:
- Decreased chargebacks. Liability shift from the merchant/acquirer to the issuer provides protection from chargebacks for qualified transactions.
- Potential for reduced interchange fees. Eligible merchants and qualified transactions may be able to receive interchange discounts leading to better profit margins.
- Reduced operational expense.
- A decrease in fraudulent chargebacks and its associated losses and processing costs contributes to a healthier bottom line.
- Increased consumer confidence.
- The use of more robust authentication methods at the point of sale improves security and reduces friction, which in turns bolsters consumer confidence leading to increased profitability for merchants.
Get Visa Secure today
Contact your acquirer to learn more about how you can start enjoying the benefits of Visa Secure.